Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Here Am I. Send me!

Isaiah 6: 5-8

5.
"Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."
6.
Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar.
7.
With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."
8.
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"


It seems that wherever I am, I am needed. It seems that I've arrived at just the right time to help; to get whatever place, whatever company, whatever cause - to the next level. For a while I wondered what it was about me that created that presence. Now I know, it's bigger than that.

I have an Isaiah spirit. I am sendable. I don't know if I've ever said it to God outloud or in prayer, but I've definitely opened myself up to His direction. Often I don't know how or why I wound up in a particular place. Not that I'm lost or anything. It's just that I have had an odd set of experiences for a person who is only 35.

Most recently, the event that occured that I found strange was that (through a temp agency) I went to work for a large, prominent church in Downtown Houston. I was sent here at a time in my life when I really needed some stability and I really needed to be around people who know how to love. What I didn't know was that, in addition to possibly saving my life, I would be gaining many skills that I would need for the next phase in my journey.

I met a man - who'd a thunk? Through my association and then relationship with this man, I became part of a new church plant (a start-up church). And to add to that, this man (my man) is on the track to become an Ordained Minister (already a local pastor). I've learned a lot about the business of running a church. It's been useful. Hopefully this will all pay off.

I'm interested in seeing where I will be sent next and in what way I will be able to serve God by serving others.

No comments: